From "Beugnier, Ronny (IP&Science)" <ronny.beugn...@Clarivate.com>
Subject Custom line breaking algorithm
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2017 18:24:06 GMT
Hi,

We are working on an upgrade to fop 2.2 from a very old version.

Unfortunately we ran into the issue were text is overflowing in table columns as in the attachment.

In the older version of fop that we used we have the following algorithm:

-          If the word is too long to fit on the line, move it to the next line

-          If the word is too large to fit into the column break the word

We cannot make use of hyphenation because multiple languages are combined in one pdf and we
are not aware of the language.

The only way we think we can implement this is to adjust the line breaking Knuth algorithm
in the implementation.

Would this be the right approach ? Has any one done this before ? Can someone provide some
guidance on this ?

Many thanks in advance,

Kind Regards,

Ronny