From Clay Leeds <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] merge branches/Temp_BasicSideFloats to trunk
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2014 14:22:23 GMT
Looks like a great addition, Luis!

+1 from me!

Cheers!

Clay

--

"My religion is simple. My religion is kindness."
- HH The Dalai Lama of Tibet

> On Nov 25, 2014, at 3:05 PM, Luis Bernardo <lmpmbernardo@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Includes layout tests.
>
>> On 11/25/14, 5:14 PM, Glenn Adams wrote:
>> What are your plans for testing? I haven't looked, but does your branch include new
unit tests for this feature?

>> On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 7:41 AM, Luis Bernardo <lmpmbernardo@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I would like to merge the branch branches/Temp_BasicSideFloats to trunk. The
branch has a implementation of side floats that uses the same approach used when handling
change in IPD across pages.

>>> These are the known limitations:
>>> -- the "clear" fo:float attribute is ignored; only the float attribute (left
or right) is used
>>> -- overlapping of floats in the Y is not handled (even in the case there would
not be overlap in the X direction)
>>> -- floats that extend beyond the body region are not properly handled and will
overflow past the edge of the region
>>> -- if a float extends to bottom of the body region and there are footnotes in
the page the float may overlap with the footnote region
>>> -- floats next to a table are not supported unless the start and end of the table
happens in between the start and end of the float