Dear Maven Developers,

I highly appreciate the work you do and love the fact that FOP 1.1 is so easy to use by simply adding this to a Maven POM file:

<dependency>

  <groupId>org.apache.xmlgraphics</groupId>

  <artifactId>fop</artifactId>

  <version>[1.1]</version>

</dependency>

I expect that someone of the FOP development team actually uploaded the needed POM file (http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/apache/xmlgraphics/fop/1.1/fop-1.1.pom) and the fop.jar (http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/apache/xmlgraphics/fop/1.1/fop-1.1.jar) to make this work. Thanks for that! J

Unfortunately, it will not *really* work, as that POM file has a bug (the references to avalon-framework-api and –impl use a false groupID). The bug is easy to fix (giving the right groupdID) and works well locally on my site, and so I actually liked to post a patch. But as I have seen, the POM file is not part of your source code repository. So I wonder who actually wrote that POM file and whom to send the patch?

Thanks!

-Markus