On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 12:41 AM, mehdi houshmand <med1985@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Chris/Glenn/Anyone else,

You say command-line options should override the fop.xconf values, which makes sense. But should not-given command-line options override fop.xconf values too? Bare with me here, there is sense in the folly of that sentence. Ok, so let's take the example above, with strict FO validation, from the command line you have two options:

1) fop -r ... <other args>

or

2) fop ... <other args>

Obviously in option 1, you'd want strict FO validation to be invoked, regardless of what's in the fop conf. But how do we treat option 2? We're not explicitly telling it NOT to validate strictly, so how would a user expect FOP to behave?

In the case of strict validation, if either configuration file or command line option says do strict validation, then strict validation should apply. We would need an option "don't do strict validation" in order to allow the command line to override a configuration file saying to perform strict validation.