From Alexios Giotis <alex.gio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Switching to JIRA [was: Re: svn commit: r1360665 - in /xmlgraphics/fop/trunk: ./ src/java/org/apache/fop/layoutmgr/ test/java/org/apache/fop/intermediate/ test/java/org/apache/fop/layoutengine/]
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2012 12:46:36 GMT

On Jul 18, 2012, at 3:19 PM, Vincent Hennebert wrote:

> On 18/07/12 01:14, Glenn Adams wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 6:05 PM, Alexios Giotis <alex.giotis@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> The end result is to provide a documentation trail. I initially replied to
>>> this thread because Jira is not (yet) used in FOP and it happens to provide
>>> this feature.
>>

>> FYI, Alex, if you aren't aware of it, the project has already voted to move
>> to JIRA, and we are awaiting the infrastructure group to perform the
>> conversion. [1]
>>
>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4800
>
> What will happen to the current Bugzilla instance? Will it be closed or
> made read-only? If it’s closed the whole purpose of putting the Bugzilla
> number in the commit message will be defeated.
>

> Vincent

The existing bugzilla issues will be migrated to Jira. From what I can see, Glenn is following
the migration steps written in [1]. Related to step 2 (Bugzilla data worth it?), Glenn has
already answered in INFRA-4800 "(2) historical data should be retained".

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/general/ApacheBugzillaToJiraMigration

Alexios