From Alexios Giotis <alex.gio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: git-svn doesn't update svn:mergeinfo
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 21:54:50 GMT
Hi Glenn,

Well actually git-svn has an option to update the svn:mergeinfo. It might be worth giving
it a try. There are some restrictions and I suggest to test it first. The following is part
of $ man git-svn

          --mergeinfo=<mergeinfo>
               Add the given merge information during the dcommit (e.g.
               --mergeinfo="/branches/foo:1-10"). All svn server versions can store
               this information (as a property), and svn clients starting from
               version 1.5 can make use of it. To specify merge information from
               multiple branches, use a single space character between the branches
               (--mergeinfo="/branches/foo:1-10 /branches/bar:3,5-6,8")

                   config key: svn.pushmergeinfo

               This option will cause git-svn to attempt to automatically populate
               the svn:mergeinfo property in the SVN repository when possible.
               Currently, this can only be done when dcommitting non-fast-forward
               merges where all parents but the first have already been pushed into
               SVN.

On Jul 4, 2012, at 11:18 PM, Glenn Adams wrote:

> Thanks Vincent for pointing out the problem with performing merges on git side then using
git-svn dcommit back to SVN repo. I've investigated this further, and indeed, git-svn does
not update svn:mergeinfo or any other SVN properties, so doing merges on the git side will
be problematic. I will use svn merge tools going forward to prevent this from happening. Hopefully
ASF will support projects moving to GIT natively.