From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1360665 - in /xmlgraphics/fop/trunk: ./ src/java/org/apache/fop/layoutmgr/ test/java/org/apache/fop/intermediate/ test/java/org/apache/fop/layoutengine/
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 11:19:48 GMT
On 13/07/2012 09:05, Pascal Sancho wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Pascal,

> IMHO, using a bugtracker system to list bugfix or changes is a good idea.
> But today, the practice in FOP project is to fill this list directly
> in the cited page.
> We can adopt a new policy here and have a change/bugfix list using
> bugtracker facilities.
> That could be done when we'll migrate to Jira.
> IIUC, Bugzilla entries will be migrated to Jira in the future.
> Waiting this migration, we can today begin to systematically fill a
> new Bugzilla entry, to keep trace in Jira.

I'm in favour of changing the policy to always open a Bugzilla/Jira
entry for every bug fixed in FOP. However, it won't always be possible
to upload resources to replicate the issue. Whilst we can clean any FO
Files of senstive data we can't necessarily do the same for Images,
Fonts or other confidential resources. As long as you can accept that
sometimes bugs will be missing resources required to replicate the issue
then I'm +1 for this policy change.

Thanks,

Chris