From Vincent Hennebert <vhenneb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1360665 - in /xmlgraphics/fop/trunk: ./ src/java/org/apache/fop/layoutmgr/ test/java/org/apache/fop/intermediate/ test/java/org/apache/fop/layoutengine/
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 16:47:55 GMT
On 12/07/12 16:17, Glenn Adams wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Vincent Hennebert <vhennebert@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On 12/07/12 14:47, Glenn Adams wrote:

>>> Yes, I noticed. But there is no bug #.  There should be a documented bug
>>> against every non-trivial substantive fix of this nature.
>>
>> Why? As long as the status.xml file is the authoritative list of bug
>> fixes and implemented features, adding an entry to Bugzilla is just
>> redundant paperwork I’m not keen on doing. Unless I missed something, of
>> course...
>>

> If there is no bug entry in bugzilla, then there is/was no bug. Since this
> is clearly a bug fix, there should be a documentation trail through the bug
> database. So please create an entry and do so in the future. The status.xml
> document is only an informal paraphrase of bug database entries, and should
> not be considered the authoritative list of bugs.

Well it /is/ authoritative, in the sense that its content is used to
display the list of changes on the website:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/changes.html

As long as it’s the case, duplicating entries in Bugzilla is just
a waste of time.

Once that status.xml has been deprecated and an other mechanism
implemented to extract the list of changes from Bugzilla and display
them on the website, I’ll certainly start creating entries in Bugzilla.
In the meantime, I don’t see the point of doing both.

Unless, again, I’m missing something.

Does that make sense?
Vincent