From "Andreas L. Delmelle" <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: FormattingObjectsForIndexing - intermediate format or extension?
Date Wed, 18 May 2011 18:50:44 GMT

On 17 May 2011, at 00:58, Giuseppe Briotti wrote:

Hi Guiseppe

> TKS Andreas, in the meanwhile I setup Eclipse and FOP packages in a project, and started
to take a look at the code and structure.

> I didn't find a class diagram or some overview documentation (just a "bigpicture" page
:-) ).

I see... and must admit that such diagrams have been neglected somewhat. :-/
I personally have tried to document a part on the Wiki that I came to understand quite well
after spending some time in the code (= property handling).

I still have plans to do something similar for the FO tree parsing. I do remember having described
this pretty thoroughly in a rather long rant on fop-dev in the past. If I succeed in locating
it, I will post the link back here.
Some basics of the core logic used by the layout engine are documented pretty well on the
Wiki, but a sort of comprehensive overview is still lacking.

For now, if something is unclear, just chime back in here, and we'll see what we can offer.
Should you feel the irresistible urge to further extend the Wiki, you are obviously very much
invited to do so.

I personally learned a lot from simply debugging a few sessions, placing breakpoints at lines
I was interested in, and following the flow from there.

Regards

Andreas