From "Peter B. West" <li...@pbw.id.au>
Subject Re: 20x slowdown in PNG processing when switching from JDK 1.6.0_17 to 1.6.0_18
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 13:46:17 GMT
Ognjen,

You may well have it, depending on where you got your Java installation. I see you're on windows,
so it's probably already included. With linux, I used to have to install it myself, but I've
been using OS X for a while now, so I don't know about  either Windows or linux any more.

The others will tell you if it's necessary.

Peter West

"Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen."

On 04/05/2011, at 11:24 PM, Ognjen Blagojevic wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> I didn't install anything other than regular JDK for Linux.
>
> Do you mean "JAI library" or "JAI Image I/O tools"? They are both mentioned in FOP docs
[1], but from what I understand neither is necessary for PNG image manipulation:

> "(BMP, TIFF) Requires the presence of JAI Image I/O Tools (or an equivalent Image I/O
compatible codec) in the classpath. JAI Image I/O Tools also adds support for JPEG 2000, WBMP,
RAW and PNM. Other Image I/O codecs may provide support for additional formats.".