From "Andreas L. Delmelle" <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: Retrieving Objects question
Date Wed, 25 May 2011 20:57:10 GMT
On 25 May 2011, at 09:45, Michael Rubin wrote:

Hi Mike

> Hello there. In the PDFPages class the kids are stored as reference
> strings (e.g. "23 0 R"). Each of these objects are PDFPage objects. Do
> you know if there is a method somewhere that I can retrieve the PDF java
> object based on the reference string?

Not really, AFAIK. What you do have is various Collections of different subtypes of PDFObject,
available by means of accessors on PDFDocument.
I guess the closest you would get without too much effort is to obtain the one you're interested
in, then iterate over its elements and check PDFObject.referencePDF() against the lookup string.
You do have to know the type(s) of object you need in advance, though...

> (I am aiming to add support for some of those kids being other PDFPages
> nodes to create a more balanced page tree.)

Interesting. Looking forward to seeing more.

Regards

Andreas
---