From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: not letting me put xsl:tempate inside fo:root
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 19:16:24 GMT
On 04.05.2011 20:15, Brian wrote:
> Are we not allowed to put xsl:template inside fo:root?

No. According to the XSLT spec, xsl:template must be an immediate child
of xsl:stylesheet, see
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/REC-xslt20-20070123/#element-stylesheet and
other parts of the spec.

>   Outside fo:root it works fine, but this doesn't help me in this particular
> scenerio.

The xsl:template element is a declaration, so your statement makes me
think you are seriously confused about how XSLT works. The best way to
clean this up is usually to send a problem description to the XSL list,
where the gurus tend to hang out. Guidelines and subscription advice
here:
  http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/

J.Pietschmann