From darshan <u4729...@anu.edu.au>
Subject Want to contribute
Date Sun, 01 May 2011 00:25:48 GMT
Dear All,

I am a post graduate student at the Australian National University
taking a course on Free and Open Source Software Development. Part of
the course requirement is to study an open source project of my choice,
make a contribution and write a report by the end of May 2011.

I have been going through the fop site and documents and from the 'How
you can help' topic on the page
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/dev/index.html
I thought the best way I could contribute is  by testing newly-closed
issues to make sure they are truly closed. By doing this I can gradually
understand how the system works and hopefully start make more
contributions like submitting bug reports and patches.

Can I start from the most recent fix form the page
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/changes.html#Code_FOP%20Trunk ? please
guide me as to what would be the best way of doing it and also I would
be really glad if you could suggest me any other way to contribute that
would help the project better.

Best regards,
Darshan Pradhan
u4729733@anu.edu.au