From Simon Pepping <spepp...@leverkruid.eu>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1066275 - in /xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/src/java/org/apache/fop/layoutmgr: KnuthPossPosIter.java PositionIterator.java
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 08:34:09 GMT
On Wed, Feb 02, 2011 at 01:02:47AM +0100, Andreas Delmelle wrote:
> On 02 Feb 2011, at 00:46, adelmelle@apache.org wrote:
>
> > Author: adelmelle
> > Date: Tue Feb  1 23:46:38 2011
> > New Revision: 1066275

> > Log:
> > Add type safety to PositionIterator + attempt at javadoc improvement
>
> Note: while going over this, the current situation struck me as slightly awkward.
> I am unsure of the original intentions when it was implemented, but the fact is that
we now have five PositionIterator subclasses, four of which override the abstract getPos()
and getLM() methods to do exactly the same thing...
> Proposed alternative? Make PositionIterator non-abstract, provide default implementations
for getPos() and getLM(), and use the type directly, instead of those scattered StackingIter
inner classes in the LMs which are basically copies of each other.

Sounds good to me. Simon