From "Eric Douglas" <edoug...@blockhouse.com>
Subject RE: SEVERE: Couldn't find hyphenation pattern en_US
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2010 15:52:50 GMT
Of course the 0.95 is not the same as the trunk.
There is a binary download and a source download for 0.95.  If you compile that source, you
should get a binary which matches the binary download.  The trunk is only available in source
form.

To produce a binary from source you have to do the Ant build.  Supposedly this can be done
from a command prompt.  I use Eclipse.  To compile with Ant in Eclipse, you just create a
new project using Ant, then open that project, find the build.xml file and right click on
it.  Select Run As Ant.

In order to compile the source either for 0.95 or the trunk, you have to add the missing jars.
 If you attempt to build it you should get errors which should tell you which jars it's missing.
 Some jars are not included because the license doesn't allow.
Once it's compiled, open the jar as an archive and you can view the manifest.mf file which
has a classpath statement with the list of other jars needed to run it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Browder [mailto:tom.browder@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 11:09 AM
To: fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: SEVERE: Couldn't find hyphenation pattern en_US

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 09:04, Eric Douglas <edouglas@blockhouse.com> wrote:
> The binary download is the same as the source download should be if you compile it.
> That's not a standalone package.  It doesn't install as an application in Windows.

I'm not trying to be difficult here, Eric, just trying to figure the fop system out.

I compared the fop 0.95 "binary" download with the trunk build and they are not the same--extra
stuff in the trunk (not counting subversion files), extra stuff in the binary.  Obviously
there is either manual intervention or a packaging script to produce the bin package for download.
 If there is not a script, there should be.  If there is a script, where is it?

-Tom