From "Eric Douglas" <edoug...@blockhouse.com>
Subject RE: SEVERE: Couldn't find hyphenation pattern en_US
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2010 13:06:42 GMT
What do you mean install after a build?  Fop is not an application to be installed.  It's a
Java program, which you can run from a command line or embed in another application.

The ant classpath arguments are in the build.xml.  I only vaguely know ant to tell what that
code is doing but there seems to be one classpath ant needs to be able to compile the fop.jar
and another classpath ant uses to build the runtime path as the classpath statement in the
manifest.mf text file in the jar.  To build of course requires downloading the fop source,
then downloading some other required jars from other sites.

To 'install' as in to be able to run from a command line, simply requires having all required
jars in the classpath.  If you use the binary download, the classpath is built into the jar's
manifest.  Just read the classpath statement there and have all those jars in the same path
as the fop jar.

What else are you trying to do, or where exactly are you getting an error?

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Browder [mailto:tom.browder@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 8:38 AM
To: fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: SEVERE: Couldn't find hyphenation pattern en_US

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 06:45, Tom Browder <tom.browder@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 15:50, Eric Douglas <edouglas@blockhouse.com> wrote:
> So, assuming the jar file is physically in dir "/usr/local/share/fop",
> should the CLASSPATH read:
>
>  export CLASSPATH=/usr/local/share/fop/fop-hyph.jar

By experiment, that method worked for the build directory, but not for my installed fop 0.95.

I also tried using the environment variable FOP_HYPHENATION_PATH again (after unsetting CLASSPATH).

I tried it two ways: (1) setting it to point the file and (2) setting it to point to the parent
directory of the file.

Both worked for the installed fop 0.95.

I would like to try all that with the trunk version, but nowhere on the fop site does it tell
how to install after a build.  The closest thing I found is the "package" argument to ant.

What should I do to install, please?

Thanks.

-Tom