From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: [Xmlgraphics-fop Wiki] Update of "PDF Accessibility" by JeremiasMaerki
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2009 09:31:42 GMT
On 07 Feb 2009, at 08:33, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> <snip />
>> In theory, we always have access to the
>> specified value on fo:root,
>
> ...if the user bothered to specify it there...

Yep, can be convenient, since inheritance makes sure that you don't
need to specify it one every page-sequence separately.

>> but accessing that from the renderer
>> context may get a bit messy (it exists only in the
>> 'currentPropertyList' that is available in FOTreeBuilder)
>
> We can always expose the values from org.apache.fop.fo.pagination.Root
> (by adding property variable and adjusting bind()). Not messy at all I
> would think. But that would be a proprietary extension.

Indeed. Never even occurred to me to do it that way. Very simple
indeed. :-)

> If possible I think we should stick to the above rule: Use the first
> page-sequence for the document language. That should cover 99% of the
> cases and follows the spec as I understand it. And if anyone needs a
> different document-level language, we can simply expose language/
> country
> on fo:root, right?

Right. The only small hole in the rule, is when the user specifies a
different language on the root and the first page-sequence. Unless the
values on the root are exposed, we would not easily be able to
distinguish between them.

Regards

Andreas