From "Georg Datterl" <georg.datt...@geneon.de>
Subject AW: AW: empty columns on multi-column-page
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 11:43:05 GMT
Hi everybody,

> This is normal and due to the 'orphans' and 'widows' properties...
> Errr... no, this is not normal at all actually. There's enough space to put the last
two lines of the 'L' paragraph on the first column.

> And, speaking about that, the 'orphans' property on the 'U' paragraph is at its default
value of 2, so there shouldn't be just one line of that
> paragraph at the bottom of page 3.

AbstractBreaker.doLayout() creates a blockList for the fo:block. This list contains (I guess)
a KnuthBlockBox for each line and a KnuthPenalty for each possible break. This list is correct,
there are two boxes before the first break and two boxes after the last break, as required
by orphan and widow parameter. Obviously the break after the first line is introduced later,
I guess somewhere down doPhase3(). I had a look, but I didn't find the offending break, probably
because I don't know what it would look like. There are lots of addAreas and Positions, LayoutManagers
and Markers.

Where could this break possibly get inserted and what would it look like in a debugger?

Regards,

Georg Datterl

------ Kontakt ------

Georg Datterl