From Dario Laera <la...@cs.unibo.it>
Subject Re: Choosing a better threshold in line breaking
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2008 22:53:17 GMT

Il giorno 27/ott/08, alle ore 18:53, Andreas Delmelle ha scritto:

> Do you mean that this last try is /always/ performed (even when we
> already have a set of feasible breaks)?

It's not always performed (so it's formally correct), but in my tests
it's rarely avoided, more precisely just once, with the file
"my_franklin_rep-jus.fo" that is composed of many paragraph in 1
column with justified text. What I think (obviously, I may be wrong,
as it has been proved in other mails ;) is that another intermediate
try, with a judicious threshold, can be performed, leading to the same
final result but with much better performance, if this intermediate
try doesn't fail like the previous.
Anyway I always run my tests with hyphenation enabled, I should try
disabling to see if the second try is run with threshold=5 and if this
doesn't fails.

Dario