From Adrian Cumiskey <adrian.cumis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r709373 - in /xmlgraphics/fop/branches/Temp_AFPGOCAResources/src/java/org/apache/fop: ./ afp/ pdf/ render/ render/afp/ render/pdf/
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2008 10:54:54 GMT
Hi Jeremias,

I understand what you are saying, its not ideal that it resides in org.apache.fop.  I'm trying
keep it away separate from the render package as it could be plugged into any engine (painter
etc)
which uses the libraries.  I guess we can move it to org.apache.fop.util for now, but I don't
see
this as a permanent home for the class as its not a utility class its a core rendering/painting

engine room class.

I don't really like "AbstractRenderingState", I'd prefer "AbstractPaintingState" or
"AbstractDrawingState" as the implication that the renderers are necessarily involved is not
a good
one.  WDYT?  I'm happy to take care of committing these changes after we have agreed on things
:).

Maybe in the future, especially after you have merged in your Temp_AreaTreeNewDesign branch
we could
think about having a 'core' top level package for common engine room classes?

Adrian.