From Vincent Hennebert <vhenneb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fixing marks layering
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2008 11:19:13 GMT
Hi,

Tacio Naja Domingos wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. In that you believe the Antenna House formatter implementation
is correct, do you know how I would, in theory, be able to get the table-cell border displayed
below the block-container (current Fop behaviour)?

In theory, I guess you should play with the z-index property, setting
a higher value on the absolutely positioned block-container than on the
surrounding table. But z-index is not implemented in FOP, and I didn’t
manage to get it working with XSL Formatter either, even if they claim
to support z-index. So I’m not sure.

FWIW, the example below renders quite badly with FOP: the yellow
background extends down to outside of the table (see attached pdf).
Apparently the absolutely positioned block is creating trouble, since
the rendering is ok when removing it. Does anyone have a quick idea of
what’s wrong or do I create a bug report for this?

Vincent

but get a rather different behaviour. I was hoping someone could point out which implementation
is correct by directing me to the correct sentence in the FO spec.

>> In Fop the table border is drawn below the block-container. In Antenna house formatter,
the table-cell border is above the block-container but the table-cell contents are below the
block-container.