From Vincent Hennebert <vincent.henneb...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r635686 - in /xmlgraphics/fop/trunk: ./ src/java/org/apache/fop/fo/flow/table/ src/java/org/apache/fop/layoutmgr/ src/java/org/apache/fop/layoutmgr/table/ test/layoutengine/standard-testcases/
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 16:53:34 GMT
Hi Jeremias,

Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Vincent,
>
> why did you disable this warning here? What's there to clarify? I
> stumbled over this when trying to merge the latest changes from trunk
> into the feedback branch.

I had to make some changes in the way row heights are computed, in order
to tackle the forced break vs fixed row height issue (rev. 635686). This
broke the test that is performed to issue the warning, and given that
it’s not clear yet whether cell borders and border-separation must play
or not in the fixed height [1] I thought it was not worth trying to
re-enable that just now.

Moreover, CSS2 explicitly states that the final height must be the
maximum of the height specified on the row/cells and the content height,
so I’m not even sure a warning is to be expected here. While an
info-level message would certainly make sense, that made me even less
reluctant to leave it commented out for now.

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/xmlgraphics-fop-dev/200801.mbox/%3c479DFFBA.8020500@anyware-tech.com%3e

Vincent