From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Jimi dependency in FOP 0.95
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 12:26:33 GMT
Sorry. I should have removed all JARs in my optional-lib for testing.
Fixed now. JAI is required for distribution builds.

On 17.03.2008 12:53:00 Vincent Hennebert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> <snip/>
> >> Please do it in the branch. Otherwise people who want to build 0.95beta
> >> from the sources will stumble upon this issue and may be confused.
> >> Morevover it will be very easy to merge the changes back to the Trunk
> >> thanks to svnmerge. While if we have to setup svnmerge also on the
> >> branch the two won’t play very well together. I can take care of the
> >> merges back to Trunk. Thanks!
> >
> > Done.
>
> I still have the following errors when building the branch:
>     [javac] src/java/org/apache/fop/render/pcl/JAIMonochromeBitmapConverter.java:30:

>     package javax.media.jai does not exist
>     [javac] import javax.media.jai.ColorCube;
>     [javac]                        ^
>     [javac] src/java/org/apache/fop/render/pcl/JAIMonochromeBitmapConverter.java:31:
package javax.media.jai does not exist
>     [javac] import javax.media.jai.ImageLayout;
>     [javac]                        ^
>     [javac] src/java/org/apache/fop/render/pcl/JAIMonochromeBitmapConverter.java:32:
package javax.media.jai does not exist
>     [javac] import javax.media.jai.JAI;
>     [javac]                        ^
>     [javac] src/java/org/apache/fop/render/pcl/JAIMonochromeBitmapConverter.java:33:
package javax.media.jai does not exist
>     [javac] import javax.media.jai.KernelJAI;
>     [javac]                        ^
>     [javac] src/java/org/apache/fop/render/pcl/JAIMonochromeBitmapConverter.java:34:
package javax.media.jai does not exist
>     [javac] import javax.media.jai.LookupTableJAI;
>     [javac]                        ^
>     [javac] src/java/org/apache/fop/render/pcl/JAIMonochromeBitmapConverter.java:35:
package javax.media.jai does not exist
>     [javac] import javax.media.jai.PlanarImage;
>     [javac]                        ^
>     src/java/org/apache/fop/render/AbstractGenericSVGHandler.java:91:
>     warning: org.apache.fop.render.Graphics2DImagePainter in
>     org.apache.fop.render has been deprecated
>     [javac]         Graphics2DImagePainter painter = new Graphics2DImagePainter() {
>     [javac]         ^
>     [javac] src/java/org/apache/fop/render/AbstractGenericSVGHandler.java:91: warning:
org.apache.fop.render.Graphics2DImagePainter in org.apache.fop.render has been deprecated
>     [javac]         Graphics2DImagePainter painter = new Graphics2DImagePainter() {
>     [javac]                                              ^
>     [javac] src/java/org/apache/fop/render/AbstractGenericSVGHandler.java:91: warning:
org.apache.fop.render.Graphics2DImagePainter in org.apache.fop.render has been deprecated
>     [javac]         Graphics2DImagePainter painter = new Graphics2DImagePainter() {
>     [javac]                                              ^
>     [javac] src/java/org/apache/fop/render/pcl/JAIMonochromeBitmapConverter.java:70:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class LookupTableJAI
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.fop.render.pcl.JAIMonochromeBitmapConverter
>     [javac]             LookupTableJAI lut = new LookupTableJAI(new byte[] {(byte)0x00,
(byte)0xff});
>     [javac]             ^
>     [javac] src/java/org/apache/fop/render/pcl/JAIMonochromeBitmapConverter.java:70:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class LookupTableJAI
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.fop.render.pcl.JAIMonochromeBitmapConverter
>     [javac]             LookupTableJAI lut = new LookupTableJAI(new byte[] {(byte)0x00,
(byte)0xff});
>     [javac]                                      ^
>     [javac] src/java/org/apache/fop/render/pcl/JAIMonochromeBitmapConverter.java:72:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : variable KernelJAI
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.fop.render.pcl.JAIMonochromeBitmapConverter
>     [javac]             pb.add(KernelJAI.ERROR_FILTER_FLOYD_STEINBERG);
>     [javac]                    ^
>     [javac] src/java/org/apache/fop/render/pcl/JAIMonochromeBitmapConverter.java:76:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class ColorCube
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.fop.render.pcl.JAIMonochromeBitmapConverter
>     [javac]             ColorCube colorMap = ColorCube.createColorCube(DataBuffer.TYPE_BYTE,
>     [javac]             ^
>     [javac] src/java/org/apache/fop/render/pcl/JAIMonochromeBitmapConverter.java:76:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : variable ColorCube
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.fop.render.pcl.JAIMonochromeBitmapConverter
>     [javac]             ColorCube colorMap = ColorCube.createColorCube(DataBuffer.TYPE_BYTE,
>     [javac]                                  ^
>     [javac] src/java/org/apache/fop/render/pcl/JAIMonochromeBitmapConverter.java:79:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : variable KernelJAI
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.fop.render.pcl.JAIMonochromeBitmapConverter
>     [javac]             pb.add(KernelJAI.DITHER_MASK_441);
>     [javac]                    ^
>     [javac] src/java/org/apache/fop/render/pcl/JAIMonochromeBitmapConverter.java:83:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class ImageLayout
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.fop.render.pcl.JAIMonochromeBitmapConverter
>     [javac]         ImageLayout layout = new ImageLayout();
>     [javac]         ^
>     [javac] src/java/org/apache/fop/render/pcl/JAIMonochromeBitmapConverter.java:83:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class ImageLayout
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.fop.render.pcl.JAIMonochromeBitmapConverter
>     [javac]         ImageLayout layout = new ImageLayout();
>     [javac]                                  ^
>     [javac] src/java/org/apache/fop/render/pcl/JAIMonochromeBitmapConverter.java:89:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : variable JAI
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.fop.render.pcl.JAIMonochromeBitmapConverter
>     [javac]         RenderingHints hints = new RenderingHints(JAI.KEY_IMAGE_LAYOUT, layout);
>     [javac]                                                   ^
>     [javac] src/java/org/apache/fop/render/pcl/JAIMonochromeBitmapConverter.java:92:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class PlanarImage
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.fop.render.pcl.JAIMonochromeBitmapConverter
>     [javac]         PlanarImage dst = JAI.create(opName, pb, hints);
>     [javac]         ^
>     [javac] src/java/org/apache/fop/render/pcl/JAIMonochromeBitmapConverter.java:92:
cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : variable JAI
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.fop.render.pcl.JAIMonochromeBitmapConverter
>     [javac]         PlanarImage dst = JAI.create(opName, pb, hints);
>     [javac]                           ^
>     [javac] src/java/org/apache/fop/render/ps/PSSVGHandler.java:309: warning: getPreserveAspectRatioTransform(org.w3c.dom.Element,float,float)
in org.apache.batik.bridge.ViewBox has been deprecated
>     [javac]             AffineTransform at = ViewBox.getPreserveAspectRatioTransform(svg,
>     [javac]                                         ^
>
> Can you please have a look?
> Thanks,
> Vincent
>

> --
> Vincent Hennebert                            Anyware Technologies
> http://people.apache.org/~vhennebert         http://www.anyware-tech.com
> Apache FOP Committer                         FOP Development/Consulting

Jeremias Maerki