From Andreas L Delmelle <a_l.delme...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: Loggers
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 17:31:13 GMT
On Jan 11, 2007, at 13:41, richardw@geoquip-rnd.demon.co.uk wrote:

> In FONode, it say:
>
>     //TODO Remove getLogger() method!
>
> Yet everywhere around the code base it says foo.getLogger(),
> in particular for FObj instances. What is the preferred way
> to aquire a logger instance?

log is a protected static, so if the class resides in the same
package, then you can use direct member access. Currently, in some
places, the properties seem to be routing the message to the FO's
logger, instead of using Property.log directly... and now that you
mention it, what strikes me as utterly absurd are the occurrences
where getLogger() is used *to access the FObj logger from within an
FObj*! 8-O ... Let me re-phrase: use an instance method to access a
protected static member of the superclass. That's a good one! :-)
Well, who knows, maybe today's JVMs do inline instance methods if
called by the instance itself. ;-)

Don't worry, already cleaning up.

Cheers,

Andreas