From Vincent Hennebert <vincent.henneb...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Open issue: table-columns from first row?
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 09:17:10 GMT
Hi Andreas,

Andreas L Delmelle a écrit :
> On Dec 24, 2006, at 09:53, Andreas L Delmelle wrote:
>
> <snip />
>> Just had another look, and it currently only works correctly in case
>> there is no column-spanning going on in any of the cells in the first
>> row.
>>
>> <fo:table>
>>   <fo:table-body>
>>     <fo:table-cell width="2in" number-columns-spanned="2">
>>
>> In this case, two implicit columns are created, but the cell's width
>> is not yet distributed over the two columns.
>>
>> I'll add a testcase demonstrating what still goes wrong, but the issue
>> probably needs to put in a slightly different wording, indicating that
>> it works apart from the above reservation.

I'm curious about your testcase, actually, because after quick testing I
haven't been able to reproduce it (attached fo file, first table, works
fine).

> In the meantime, I've locally patched FOP to correctly deal with this.
>
> Patch consists of a few changes in TableBody, TableRow and
> PercentLength. The latter only because I needed to have some way to be
> able to get the percentage value of the cell-width, divide it by the
> number of columns spanned, and construct a new PercentLength with the
> percentage distributed over the number of columns.
>
> Full patch below.

No objection, some code was obviously lacking at that place, anyway
(nothing done when colspan != 1).

That made me think of the testcase showed in the second table in the
attached file. There is a colspan on the first row, which sets the width
of the first two columns. But we might want to refine that on the second
row, by specifying a different width for each column individually. That
testcase fails...
WDYT?

<snip/>

Vincent