From Andreas L Delmelle <a_l.delme...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: Loggers
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 21:06:03 GMT
On Jan 11, 2007, at 19:51, richardw@geoquip-rnd.demon.co.uk wrote:

> Andreas L Delmelle writes:
>> log is a protected static, so if the class resides in the same
>> package, then you can use direct member access. Currently, in some
>> places, the properties seem to be routing the message to the FO's
>> logger, instead of using Property.log directly...
>
> Or even worse - keeeping a reference to the FObj in question as a
> member for the sole purpose of being able to call the getLogger()
> method later on  - see LengthBase for example.

Not entirely true, I'm afraid. The fobj is also used to pass into
PercentBaseContext.getBaseLength()... so FTM, I only replaced the
call to getLogger() with logging to a specific logger for LengthBase.

>> Don't worry, already cleaning up.
>
> OK. When your changes are submitted and checked in, I'll update my
> tree and submit a new patch for the properties fixes.

Done, see: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&rev=495371

Thanks for pointing this out!

Cheers,

Andreas