From Manuel Mall <man...@apache.org>
Subject line-stacking-strategy "max-height" vs "line-height"
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2007 06:39:27 GMT
I am trying to understand the differences between the two
line-stacking-strategies "max-height" and "line-height". As usual the
spec is hard to read / understand.

My understanding of the difference between the two strategies seems to
boil down to: max-height treats the half-leading as space-before /
space-after and they therefore participate in space resolution while
for line-height the half-leading is included in the allocation
rectangle and therefore doesn't participate in space resolution.

As fop currently doesn't do space resolution for the half-leading these
two strategies produce identical results in fop. Actually our
compliance page is misleading as it says we don't
support "line-height". It seems we don't support "max-height" properly
but "line-height" correctly although support for "max-height" is
mandatory in the spec.

What do others think? Do you agree with this assessment or have I
misunderstood or overlooked something?

Manuel