From Simon Pepping <spepp...@leverkruid.eu>
Subject Re: java -jar build/fop.jar
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2007 11:22:02 GMT
On Sat, Jan 06, 2007 at 11:40:27AM +0100, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> One thing we could try is to pass in FOP's home directory through a
> system property so cli.Main has a better chance of building the right
> classpath when the batch file is not called from FOP's home directory.

Something like: baseDir = new File(System.getProperty("fop.home")) if
that property is set? That sounds nice. I can do that.

> That way we could avoid the fixed list of JARs and the proposed batch
> file magic that may only be available on the latest Windows versions.
>
> And yet another possibility could be an EXE file which takes the role of
> fop.bat and starts up the JVM. But that's quite a bit more work and will
> involve the use of a programming language and compiler that not everyone
> is comfortable with or has available.

I am working on a jscript, that matches the possibilites of the shell
script. Again, it depends on Windows versions. But I am not going to
go through hoops to support Windows 98 and such. For me the past ends
with Windows 2000.

Simon

--
Simon Pepping