From Andreas L Delmelle <a_l.delme...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: Memory leak?
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 22:38:18 GMT
On Aug 9, 2006, at 22:32, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> Thank you, Karthik! That's very helpful information. Looks like
> another
> little change making a huge difference. Cool!
>
> Now, if we can free some objects even sooner FOP might even handle
> files
> like the one from Luis Ferro with under 256MB one day. For that we'll
> need to know reliably when an FO is completely processed (including
> area
> generation). That's something that we'll also need for
> page-number-citation-last, too, BTW.

Another remote idea for improvement has again to do with markers.

On a given 'containing page', for each retrieve-boundary/-position/-
class-name, there is only one qualifying area in the whole document
(always on a preceding page). Currently the FlowLM stores the
relevant markers in a map, so that the StaticContentLM needs to do
little more than pick the right marker off the right map when
resolving a RetrieveMarker.
Still, IIC, this means that, when the retrieve-markers for one page
have all been processed, a (possibly large) number of markers remain
unnecessarily referenced by their FO --unless in case of a second
pass that completely invalidates the initial marker-retrieval, there
will be no more need for a great many of those (possibly containing
whole tables themselves)

I'll think it over some more.

Later,

Andreas