From Andreas L Delmelle <a_l.delme...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: space-start and space-end for block-areas
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 18:29:47 GMT
On Aug 1, 2006, at 20:06, Andreas L Delmelle wrote:

Again answering my own question/remark here:

<snip />
> One way around this would be to exclude the inherited value of
> start-indent if start-indent is specified on the FO.
> That would make it:
> *either* inherited *or* explicit, and not explicit *minus*
> inherited...?
>
> Correct interpretation?

Seems like the behaviour in the first case --explicit start-indent
equal to zero on the last block-- is correct, after all.

start-indent "specifies the distance from the start-edge of the
content-rectangle of the containing reference-area to the start-edge
of the content-rectangle of that block-area"

The containing reference-area being the region-viewport-area (?),
this would lead to the outer block being placed 2cm from the region-
body's start-edge, and the block-container only 1cm...

As for the other case:
The block-container generates its own reference-area, so a possible
inherited value of start-indent should be measured starting from the
b-c's start-edge (so if start-indent is not explicitly specified, the
start-edge of the content-rectangle of the last block should
virtually coincide with the start-edge of the content-rectangle of
the outer block --2cm from the region's start-edge).

Later

Andreas