From Andreas L Delmelle <a_l.delme...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: space-start and space-end for block-areas
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 17:53:57 GMT
On Aug 1, 2006, at 15:44, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

<snip />
>> Well, with my working copy I get the following results:
>> When start-indent is explicitly set to "0cm" for the third paragraph,
>> the text is placed 1 cm /left/ from the black border:
>> http://atvaark.dyndns.org/~vincent/ref-area_start-indent-0cm.pdf

Hmm... seems like the non-inherited margin-left property from the
outer fo:block influences the calculation.

1 - 2 = -1

>> When start-indent is unset, the text is placed 2 cm left from the
>> black
>> border:
>> http://atvaark.dyndns.org/~vincent/ref-area_start-indent-none.pdf

0 - 2 = -2

> Damn, I had the "break indent inheritance" switch enabled. Seems to
> be a
> bug then, somewhere in IndentPropertyMaker.computeConforming(). Grr.

Might be caused by something like:
margin-left influences the start-indent property of the outer block,
and this latter property is inherited... I'd debug in that direction:
see what the call to PropertyList.getInherited() returns in
IndentPropertyMaker line 107. I bet it's returning the 2cm.

The specified start-indent on the block-container should actually
reset this, so it seems to be a problem with computing the inherited
value...

Cheers,

Andreas