From Andreas L Delmelle <a_l.delme...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: space-start and space-end for block-areas
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 18:06:13 GMT
On Aug 1, 2006, at 19:53, Andreas L Delmelle wrote:

> <snip />
> Might be caused by something like:
> margin-left influences the start-indent property of the outer
> block, and this latter property is inherited... I'd debug in that
> direction: see what the call to PropertyList.getInherited() returns
> in IndentPropertyMaker line 107. I bet it's returning the 2cm.
>
> The specified start-indent on the block-container should actually
> reset this, so it seems to be a problem with computing the
> inherited value...

Just had another look. Suspicion confirmed, it seems.

see: PropertyList.getInherited()

if (isInherited(...)) { etc.

and start-indent is inherited, so this will always return the
computed value of the parent in that calculation.

One way around this would be to exclude the inherited value of start-
indent if start-indent is specified on the FO.
That would make it:
*either* inherited *or* explicit, and not explicit *minus* inherited...?

Correct interpretation?

Cheers,

Andreas