From Andreas L Delmelle <a_l.delme...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: Memory leak?
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 17:28:31 GMT
On Aug 3, 2006, at 18:59, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> I went looking and found that the fix is actually very easy: Just make
> sure a page-sequences FO children are unreferenced when a page-
> sequence
> is done. The PageSequenceLM is properly disposed by the
> AreaTreeHandler
> so at least the LMs were already released properly. So far I haven't
> seen any negative side-effects (like NPEs) from that change. Let's
> keep
> a eye on it, though.

Cool! Should really make a difference for the situation in the OP on
fop-users. IIRC, the order of magnitude there was several thousands
of pages...

Karthik, can you try the latest SVN trunk version, and see if things
improve for you? If not, don't hesitate to report back.

Still got a few less important improvements on my list, but deferring
the marker-property resolution is still first in line ATM. Funny,
didn't seem too difficult at first, until I made the first changes,
and got a little more than I bargained for... ;)

Thanks,

Andreas