From Andreas L Delmelle <a_l.delme...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: confirm subscribe to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 23:08:13 GMT
On Aug 16, 2006, at 00:49, Reed, Gary wrote:

> Thanks Andreas.
>
> It's not a problem with the style sheet. MS Word creates the empty
> list.

Yes it is :)
If it is producing list-item-labels without content --at least an
empty block would suffice-- then the stylesheet should be altered. It
is resulting in FO that does not adhere to the rules in the XSL-FO
Rec, so it would be more reasonable to change the stylesheet.

Either it should create an 'empty' list-item, with both label and
body at least containing an empty block, or it should not create a
list-item at all.

> Following is Microsoft's description of the listpr element. It doesn't
> explicitly address empty lists. Therefore, I think my proposed
> modification is reasonable. I'll read up on the FOP website about
> how to
> submit code changes for consideration and see what happens.

Hmm... We already allow table-bodies without child-nodes if strict
validation is turned off, so might as well add this. Not too much
harm, I guess.

But again, strictly speaking, it's the stylesheet that is in error
here and should be fixed.

Cheers,

Andreas