From "Sebastian Weber" <sebastian.we...@hmedia.de>
Subject writing-mode and arabic text
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 14:31:24 GMT
If I set the writing-mode to rl-tb my text is flipped vertical. This happens
because the CTM class rotates the transformation matrix for rendering
according to the writing mode. If I want to write right-to-left this has
nothing to do with mirroring of cause and I disabled it, because I want to
print arabic text. So what is the purpose of mirroring in rl-tb
writing-mode? What errors will appear if I disable the CTM.getWMctm()
function that does the mirroring according to the writing-mode?
I achived printing (pdf) arabic text after some weeks of work ignoring any
xsl:fo recommendations. The most things I did in the TextLayoutManager. Now
I'm thinking about implementing it according to the recommendations and the
BIDI algorithm. Is anyone already engaged in this?

Regards, Sebastian