From Andreas L Delmelle <a_l.delme...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: [GSoC] Auto-table layout questions
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 20:55:44 GMT
On Jul 12, 2006, at 22:11, Patrick Paul wrote:

Hi Patrick,

> My first question, really simple but confusing to me, is about what is
> supposed to happen when table-layout="fixed" and one of the columns
> has
> column-width="auto" ? Am I supposed to find out the optimal width
> juste for
> that column ?

Yes, but with one big difference compared to table-layout="auto".
IIRC, CSS mentions this case explicitly: when table-layout="fixed"
and column-width="auto" then the column-widths are ultimately the
widths necessary for the cells in the first row. No need to look at
the whole table, in any case...

Cheers,

Andreas