From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: svn commit: r422509 - /xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/src/foschema/fop-configuration.xsd
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 08:32:30 GMT
Hmm, XML Schema might not be a suitable enough means to map our
configuration schema. I've just tried to make my main debug config file
validate with your schema. I've had to extend it a bit but still ended
up having a validation error I did not quite understand. It kept asking
for the "fonts" or "xml-handler" elements although they are both
optional. I've never done much XML Schema and never liked it much. I
don't know much about RelaxNG either, but I repeatedly hear that it's
more flexible. I know that you can define several variants of the same
element by chosing the type using an attribute (renderer with mime
attribute). I don't know if that can be done in XML Schema. Shrug.

I can upload my changes but due to the fact that they don't work for me
makes me hesitant to upload them.

On 16.07.2006 21:40:22 Simon Pepping wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 16, 2006 at 07:31:52PM -0000, spepping@apache.org wrote:
> > Author: spepping
> > Date: Sun Jul 16 12:31:52 2006
> > New Revision: 422509

> > Log:
> > A W3C schema for FOP user configuration files
> >
> > Added:
> >     xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/src/foschema/fop-configuration.xsd   (with props)
>
> Once too often I lost time due to a slightly wrong configuration
> file. FOP tries to find the elements it knows about; it does not give
> feedback on elements that it does not know about. This schema should
> help users discover which of their elements FOP does not
> recognize. Probably the content of some elements can be constrained
> further. Please, do so if you see such an element. If this schema is a
> good idea, I will document it on the configuration page of the web
> site.

Jeremias Maerki