From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Media or paper tray selection in FOP
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 20:57:00 GMT
Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> We can throw exceptions if no mapping is found, or the stuff is simply
> printed on the default paper and people will quickly figure out that
> they've done something wrong.

Well, having printed large documents on partly manually fed
special paper I know that even small errors can be expensive
in both wasted time and raw material. Raising a warning which
can be upgraded to an error after analyzing the the
layout-master-set in case some mappings aren't found seems to
be prudent (some simple may be left unused).

Well, I've been persuaded that output media control should be
done on the page master level. I'm still somewhat uneasy with
the chain of indirections/mappings necessary, these things tend
to break unexpectedly. But I don't have a better solution either.

J.Pietschmann