From b.ohns...@freenet.de
Subject Re: Re: Suppress RTF ExternalGraphicException
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2006 18:17:50 GMT

----- original Nachricht --------

Betreff: Re: Suppress RTF ExternalGraphicException
Gesendet: Fr 17 Mär 2006 20:26:16 CET
Von: "Andreas L Delmelle"<a_l.delmelle@pandora.be>

> On Mar 17, 2006, at 20:12, Will Peterson wrote:
>
> Hi Will,
>
> > Is there a way to suppress the ExternalGraphicException text that
> > renders inside an RTF document?  Such that the document would be
> > rendered but exclude the text:
> > "org.apache.fop.render.rtf.rtflib.rtfdoc.RtfExternalGraphic
> > $ExternalGraphicException: The tag <fo:external-graphic> does not
> > support gif - image type." (as well as the GIF image, of course)
>
> I'm afraid it's hard-coded, but if you don't mind altering the class
> itself, and then rebuild FOP, easy.
> Just change the class in question's writeRtfContent() method, and
> make that catch block a NOP. Should work nicely.
But where's the error message? RTF-output does not produce any errors, that it's not able
to insert the image...the better way would be, to transform all the GIFs to PNGs. I use docbook
to create documents, so there's no need for me to write XSL-FO (it's also easy to include
into any Java-application, just use the docbook-stylesheets and DTDs) AND it's possible to
specify different media types for different rendering systems (GIF for HTML, PNG for FO or
RTF-FO). So you see the image, too

--- original Nachricht Ende ----