From b.ohns...@freenet.de
Subject Re: RTF and table/column widths - table width attribute
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 07:18:40 GMT
Hi,

how do I get it, the attribute value and why is "fo.flow.Table.width" uncommented? (It should
either be removed with additional comments about the change or uncommented again with a method
to get/set it) If it is the inlineLengthRangeProperty I'm quite upset, 'cause I'm running
again into the same design problem mentioned in the mail before: I cannot calculate an object's
with using a PercentBaseContext, if I have to determine it's width first - I'm running in
circles. The only thing I need is an abstract access to all the width's parameters, the value
(numeric) and the dimension, so I can translate it without having a LayoutManager (which is
not available for RTF-output and makes no sense for a streamed output format).

BTW, why does the LengthRangeProperty return a LengthRangeProperty without any parameter (LengthRangeProperty.getLengthRange())?
Does it make sense to ask a variable for it's own reference (what else should this method
return besides "this")? (Method is not static, too) And why is there a method "getObject"?
According to the "widening controversion" in the java language specification every instance
is an object, there's no need for such a method (would be the same like casting "null" into
any class, you can even call an integer's getClass() method...) What am I trying to say? There's
either a plenty of methods without any necessity and the right ones are missing or I'll have
to spent much more time on understanding FOP, being so much different from other java apps
I've seen...(Maybe therefore the first thing I should do before continueing my work should
be a UML diagram of the layout manager concept and it's interface to the different rendering
packages and a sequence diagram of the RTF export.) The easy way would be to remove these
methods and see, who's moaning 'bout it, when compiling. But first: discussion on that...

Noch allein? 1 Million Singles warten auf ein Date!
Schnell Kontakt aufnehmen bei Deutschlands beliebtester Partnerboerse
http://singles.freenet.de/index.html?pid=11512