From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Combine FOP & PDFBox efforts?
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 09:44:09 GMT
Jeremias Maerki wrote:

<snip/>

> * Adopting PDFBox into the ASF is certainly an option if the people
> involved in PDFBox really want that. A full PDF library with parsing and
> rendering support might go beyond the XML Graphics' project boundaries,
> however. It might need to go into a separate project. And that would
> certainly be a big step which would need a lot of energy.

Jeremias, I'm not sure I agree with this comment. We get a lot of
customers asking for an XSL-FO solution that can include a static PDF as
the last page or similar. RenderX already offers the ability to include
a PDF in a fo:external-graphic. If FOP had the ability to parse a PDF,
then this feature would be a possibility for FOP *g*

Chris