From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Beta release next week?
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:09:30 GMT
thomas.deweese@kodak.com wrote:

>>I thought this bug was fixed in Batik's SVN Head. If so, it will be
>>fixed when we next do a release in Batik, and if people need a fix
>>sooner then they can download Batik source and build it themselves.
>

>    In general I agree, however it is extremely unlikely that Batik will
> have a release before FOP which means that this feature will remain
> broken in a second release.

Yes I didn't think Batik was ready for a release just yet. So I guess,
it boils down to the question: how long do you think it will be until
Batik can do another release? If it's likely to be a long time, then
perhaps we should make the change you suggest.

>>It seems silly to put in a hack, when its already fixed in Batik's SVN
>
> Head.
>
>    If it were a more invasive hack I would agree however in this case the
> hack is small and isolated and it will enable people to use 'stable'
> releases
> for FOP and Batik which is (right or wrong) important to many people.

I guess you are right. It makes interoperability between FOP and Batik
versions easier.

>    I don't have really strong feelings on this but I think that adding
> the hack is the better solution.

I don't feel strongly either way. I just wanted clarification on why you
were proposing the hack really.

Chris