From Andreas L Delmelle <a_l.delme...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: Renderer interface for Viewports
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2005 16:42:01 GMT
On Dec 18, 2005, at 14:52, Manuel Mall wrote:

Hi Manuel,

> <snip />
> I think this needs improvement but what is the best strategy here?

I just had an --admittedly very vague-- idea about this, don't know
if it is feasible. Jeremias, correct me if I'm wrong...

What about creating an object type, especially meant for use with the
render-type AFP, that stores the needed info? Something like a
mapping from 'viewport with id'->'reference-orientation' (maybe only
for orientation other than zero). That way, you wouldn't need to
reverse engineer the values from the CTM. In fact, the AFP renderer
could bypass the CTM completely and get the relevant data from
somewhere else without having to perform recalculation.

Not really sure about the how, when or where, though... As I said,
very vague.

Just a thought. Hope it can be of use.

Cheers,

Andreas