From Andreas L Delmelle <a_l.delme...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: svn commit: r360083 - in /xmlgraphics/fop/trunk: ./ src/java/org/apache/fop/fo/ src/java/org/apache/fop/fo/flow/ test/layoutengine/standard-testcases/
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2005 15:25:57 GMT
On Dec 30, 2005, at 14:54, Manuel Mall wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 09:38 pm, Andreas L Delmelle wrote:
> <snip/>
>> Case not covered by the altered code (but I didn't think it to be a
>> showstopper):
>> <snip />
> Hmm, isn't that a step backwards from the status before you applied
> the
> patch?

Not really. Just had to draw a line somewhere... If you do it for the
last inline in a block, then you would also have to do it for the
last inline of the last inline of a block etc. Besides, you get a
second pass anyway, when the line is built. All the trailing space-
glyph-areas could be removed there (but they currently aren't anyway,
depending on text-alignment).

>> I explicitly excluded fo:leaders from white-space handling, because
>> for example:
>>
>> <fo:leader leader-pattern="use-content">   xxx   </fo:leader>
>>
>> Collapsing the three spaces to one may produce unintended results.
>>
>> OTOH, if you have a nested inline in a leader, then the white-space
>> for the inline will be treated...
>>
> Is there an indication in the spec that whitespace around use-content
> leader patterns should be treated any different? If not, I would
> include it into the normal white space handling.

This was more based on expectation than on anything I encountered in
the specs, I guess. The white-space around the leader --physically
outside of the fo:leader element-- is treated according to the type
of parent it belongs to. The spaces inside the content of the
fo:leader are left alone. Somehow, even with white-space-
collapse="true", I'd much more expect the end result to mimic:

<fo:leader leader-pattern="use-content">...xxx...</fo:leader>

than

<fo:leader leader-pattern="use-content"> xxx </fo:leader>

<snip />

> Didn't your patch fix the marker_bug.xml testcase? If so it can
> come out
> of the disabled-testcases.

Yep, it did. Completely forgot about that. Thanks for pointing out.

Cheers and Best Wishes for 2006.

Andreas