From Andreas L Delmelle <a_l.delme...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: Indent Inheritance and Collapsing Border Model
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 16:55:49 GMT
On Dec 1, 2005, at 12:53, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

Hi,

> There are two issues I'd like to discuss. They come from feedback from
> customers:
>
> The first concerns indent inheritance which I documented in [1].
> <snip />

+1 for making this configurable.

> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/IndentInheritance
> [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xsl-editors/2005OctDec/
> 0024.html
>

> The second issue is about the collapsing border model. Currently,
> having
> an fo:table with no explicit border-collapse="separate" results in a
> warning message in the log as well as frequent exceptions due to the
> fact that this border model not completely implemented. I would
> like to
> modify the FO tree in a way that a table always reports being in
> separate border model mode.

Easiest way, I guess, would be to expand the already existing test in
fo.flow.Table.bind()... Weird that this wasn't already being done. I
must have read over that bit a hundred times, and never wondered
about it, but indeed, it's almost like saying: "Not implemented, and
now we're going to prove it to you by just continuing as if it
were... Who knows, maybe you're lucky." :-)

+1

Cheers,

Andreas