From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject RTF: Size of images incorrect?
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 16:50:31 GMT
(Mostly for Peter Herweg, I guess)

I tried to implement SVG support for RTF output by converting the SVG
images through Batik's JPEGTranscoder to a JPEG. That part was easy and
done in 10 minutes. However, I noticed that all images are currently
painted much too small in MS Word Viewer 2003 and OpenOffice 2.0.

In RTFHandler, the image size is set in points. However, it looks like
RtfExternalGraphic just ignores the "pt" at the end of the string. It
only looks for percentages. Otherwise, it calculates with twips
internally (1 twip = 1/20 pt). IMO, "picscalex" and "picscaley" should
always be 100 and picwgoal and pichgoal should be set to the right
dimension in twips, i.e. convert to twips already in the RTFHandler to
keep the RTF library FOP-independant.

Any ideas? Can anybody confirm that I'm not seeing ghosts here? :-)
Thanks.

Jeremias Maerki