From The Web Maestro <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Foray's font subsystem for Fop
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 17:59:07 GMT

On Jun 13, 2005, at 5:10 AM, Vincent Hennebert wrote:
> My goal is not to create any problem within the Team, or between it
> and other people. Adapting FOrayFont to Fop is an issue that has
> already been raised by a couple of persons here. I'm willing to do
> this work because I feel capable of and because I think it would be a
> bonus for Fop.
> Now I'm just proposing it. It is not up to me to make any decision
> about doing it or not. I'm now waiting for a common Team decision.
>
> If you decide not to do it, well, no matter, I'll find another thing
> to do ;-)
>
> And please don't feel offensed by any of my words: I'm not a native
> english speaker and words that seem neutral to me may actually be
> offensive ;-/
>
> Regards,
> Vincent

IMO, the goal of the active FOP committers (not to mention the rest of
our active contributors--which includes Victor) is to get something
useful out the door before the end of the summer (i.e., FOP 1.0!). To
that end, almost anything you can do to help with this feat will be
welcomed.

In any case, suffice it to say that we welcome new blood in here. Just
be certain you try to follow the Contributors Tech Guide[1].

If you intend to make some lasting contributions (which we hope will be
the case :-D), please consider filling out the CLA[2] now, so that we
can accept and apply your PATCHes upon receipt. Otherwise, we may have
to wait for you to fill it out before we can accept your 1st
significant PATCH... Oh, and... welcome to the club!

Contributors Tech Guide:
http://www.apache.org/dev/contributors.html

ASF Licenses:
http://www.apache.org/licenses/