From "Lalitha Prasad" <lalith...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: FOP Supports Multiple Charset ?
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 04:30:14 GMT
Hi Pietschmann,

Thanks you.I am able to generate font metrics file. Also I have sucessfully
generated PDF with all Characters. But from the Application it is not
working.Here in my jsp i have mentioned like this.

  File userConfigFile = new
File(application.getRealPath(System.getProperty("file.separator"))+System.getProperty("file.separator")+"WEB-INF"+System.getProperty("file.separator")+"userconfig.xml");
	  Options options = new Options(userConfigFile);
response.addHeader("Content-Disposition","attachment;filename=APLAC_"+ptlNumber+".pdf");
	  Driver driver = new Driver();
                  driver.setLogger(log);
                   driver.setRenderer(Driver.RENDER_PDF);
driver.setOutputStream(out1);
driver.render(inputHandler.getParser(), inSource);				  byte[] content =
out1.toByteArray();
                 response.setContentLength(content.length);
response.getOutputStream().write(content);
response.getOutputStream().flush();

userconfig.xml file is as:

<!--<!DOCTYPE configuration SYSTEM "config.dtd">-->
<!--
     this file contains templates which allow an user easy
     configuration of Fop. Actually normally you don't need this
configuration
     file, but if you need to change configuration, you should
     always use this file and *not* config.xml.
     Usage: java org.apache.fop.apps.Fop -c userconfig.xml -fo fo-file -pdf
pdf-file
-->
<configuration>
<!--
baseDir: normally the base directory is the directory where the fo file is
         located. if you want to specify your own, uncomment this entry.
         This value can also be a URL. Actually, the value is converted to
         a URL.
-->
<!--
  <entry>
    <key>baseDir</key>
    <value></value>
  </entry>
-->

<!--
fontBaseDir: Similar to baseDir, except that this value is used for fonts.
If
         it isn't specified, the value from baseDir is used.
-->

  <entry>
    <key>fontBaseDir</key>
    <value></value>
  </entry>

<!--
                        HYPHENATION
-->

<!--
   hyphenation directory
   if you want to specify your own directory with hyphenation pattern
   then uncomment the next entry and add the directory name
-->

<!--
  <entry>
    <key>hyphenation-dir</key>
    <value>/java/xml-fop/hyph</value>
  </entry>
-->

<!--
  Add fonts here

-->

<fonts>
<!-- example -->
embed-file="c:/winnt/fonts/Arialuni.TTF" kerning="yes">
</fonts>
</configuration>

I have tried with all type of paths like
http://localhost:8090/glaxo/arialuni.xml.

But i am getting the following Exception:

exception typenull
org.apache.jasper.JasperException
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper
.java:254)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:2
95)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDisp
atcher.java:684)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationD
ispatcher.java:432)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDis
patcher.java:356)
        at
com.as.web.framework.ControlServlet.doGet(ControlServlet.java:162)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Appl
icationFilterChain.java:247)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationF
ilterChain.java:193)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperV
alve.java:256)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
a:480)
        at

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextV
alve.java:191)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
a:480)
        at

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:
2417)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.j
ava:180)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatche
rValve.java:171)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.j
ava:172)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
a:480)
        at

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineVal
ve.java:174)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
a:480)
        at

        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:19
3)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java
:781)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.proce
ssConnection(Http11Protocol.java:549)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java
:589)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadP
ool.java:666)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

If i mention "ArialUnicodeMS" font-family in XSL.then only I am getting this
exception.Otherwise it will open PDF with normal old font.

What might be the reason?. Please help me.

Regards,
LALITH