From "Puppala, Kumar (LNG-DAY)" <kumar.pupp...@lexisnexis.com>
Subject RE: text-indent on first line of a column.
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:15:31 GMT
Sorry for the trouble. I think I figured out what the issue is but am still
trying to figure out how to fix it. Sometime in March, I was investigating
into the behavior of FOP when we have text-indent. Attached are the mails at
that time. I had a fix for FOP 0.20.5(in my local version) to not do
indenting if it is not the first FOText area. This fix works fine but is
causing things to break at the beginning of a column. Even though it is the
first FOText area, since it is happening at the very beginning of the
column, somehow FOP is not considering this as the first one and is not
applying the indent. I need to look at the code again and see if I can fix
it.

Thanks,
Kumar Puppala

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremias Maerki [mailto:dev.jeremias@greenmail.ch]
Sent: Monday, June 20, 2005 11:56 AM
To: fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: text-indent on first line of a column.

Ah, then it would have been preferable to send the question to fop-users.
I've quickly put together a test file with two columns and text-indent
but I don't see any problems. You can really make our lives easier if
you post a minimal example which shows your problem. Otherwise, it's
really difficult to help. And to answer your first question: No, I don't
know of any known issues for text-indent but then, I'm not all-knowing
especially what 0.20.5 is concerned. :-)

On 20.06.2005 17:43:38 Puppala, Kumar (LNG-DAY) wrote:
> Jeremias,
>     This is actually for fop 0.20.5 version. We are using this version for
> our application and have encountered this problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Kumar Puppala

Jeremias Maerki