From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Foray's font subsystem for Fop
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:27:44 GMT
Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Relying on static
> variables in the case of logging is not necessarily bad.

*cough* This depends on whether a single logger for all threads
is not necessarily bad. I personally would probably prefer the
possibility to direct logging for different threads into different
destinations.

Some times ago Sun asked for ideas for language features for
the next major Java version, and closures were brought up on
jakarta general. I couldn't think of a use case in a language
with compile time variable binding, but now I think I should
reconsider...

J.Pietschmann